The Ball is rolling...indeed!!!





It was the most pleasant site i witnessed today. As i got off my bike and waited for the two volunteers near the Tashi Jong bridge, i saw some Tree guards... one or two. As i took a closer look, i saw so many, right beside the Tashi Jong bridge on the other side of the road. I was instantly drawn to it. It was as if we, VRIKSH, had done a plantation, without even me knowing about it!!!! I found that someone had done a plantation there using the same 'look' of the plantation. Tree guards were placed around every sapling. A barbed wire fencing was made on the road side and some bit on the other side. A bamboo gate was provided to pass through the plantation. VOILA!!! The only thought that came to my mind was....
The Ball is rolling...... प्या चल पड़ा!!!!

(Was later told by some others that the plantation was taken up by the near by 'panchayat' under the Rural Employement Scheme...Not bad! ) Though i would find out more, the process etc... but seeing this much, was a nice sight as well.:)








Comments

Unknown said…
I am happy to see the ball is rolling. Also I was wondering that since they are doing it under the "Employment Guarantee Scheme". Can't we partner with the government, wherein they pay people to do the work and Vriksh does the planning etc?