A morning walk to office...

The morning started rather peacefully. Woke up to the cool morning and chirping birds outside my window. Wanted to still laze around under my cozy wine coloured warm thick blanket (mind you which i nearly use all throughout the year!).

Made my strong filter coffee while i played the tunes of Sade. After a refreshing reallly hot water bath, i dressed to leave for office, with my shoes and my house mates beautiful shawl. Phone in my hand, earphones placed well and a light bag on my back (since i left my laptop in the drawer), i started to walk through the lanes and traffic.

With the soothing music of K Yesudas (carnatic), i walked on in oblivion of my surroundings. Picked a flower fallen on the path and placed it behind my ear. While walking past a rickshaw, the owner dropped his newspaper leaflet that ran across with the cool breeze... Instinctively i bent down to pick it for him and received a Thank you in return. We exchanged smiles.

...

As i was nearing the office, i saw two worker women watching over a fence. It attracted my attention and curiosity. I went over to find a convent boys school having a relay race in its ground. Boys of probably the 4 - 5th class or even younger may be were standing and sitting in lines one behind the other. Some cheering, some waiting desperately for their turn, the 'jumping jack' (the race was to put yourself in a sac and jump to the finish line and return to pass it on to the next one) to reach him so he can play his turn before the team on the side goes ahead.

Everyone kept falling and with each fall a cheer and a roar of laughter. As i watched, i noticed one of the jumping jacks found a way through the sac where his foot could jut out. That made it possible for him to run instead of bouncing. He kept looking here and there if anyone noticed it and continued running as he tried to hide his jutting foot in someway. Near the finish line stood one of the guards of the school who giggled and told him he is cheating. The 'jack' ignored him and kept going. I laughed...

It was nearing 10.30 so i decided to continue walking to office after this short halt. The worker women and i exchanged laughters and smiles.

The moment i turned i saw a father walking with his 2 years old daughter, dressed in pink, skipping and trotting and giggling to keep pace with her 'daddys' 'big' strides. Oh! so sweet, said my mind to me.

Few more minutes and i reached office.

Yesudas, children, flowers and smiles kept me company through the walk.

Actually a beautiful morning walk to office...



Comments

klouds said…
a jidhu air in u....